CLEVELAND (92.3 The Fan) - For the fourth consecutive season and eighth time in the past 9 seasons, the Cleveland Cavaliers will open the 2012-13 season at Quicken Loans Arena.
The Cavaliers will host the Washington Wizards on Tuesday, Oct. 30th before welcoming the Chicago Bulls on Friday, Nov. 2nd.
Cleveland will then embark on their longest road trip of the season, a six-game, 11-day stretch that starts in Milwaukee and then takes the Cavs to California before they work their way back east with stops in Phoenix, Oklahoma City and Brooklyn.
The Cavaliers will play 4 games this coming season on national TV. ESPN will broadcast a home game on December 5th versus the Chicago Bulls. NBA TV will broadcast 3 other games – Nov. 18th at Philadelphia, Nov. 26th at Memphis and Feb. 23rd at Orlando.
Cleveland will face each Eastern Conference opponent four times (twice at The Q and twice on the road) with the exception of Brooklyn (one home, two road), Charlotte (one home, two road), New York (two home, one road) and Washington (two home, one road). Each Western Conference opponent will play the Cavaliers twice, once at The Q and once on the road.
The Cavaliers will play 17 weekend games – 10 Friday night, 6 on Saturday and a Sunday game against the Orlando Magic on April 7th at home.
LeBron James and the NBA Champion Miami Heat don’t come to Cleveland until March 22 and will wrap up the home portion of the schedule against the Heat on April 15th before closing the season at Charlotte on Wednesday, April 17th.
Other highlights of the schedule include:
- A seven-game home stand from Feb. 2-20, highlighted by visits from Western Conference finalists Oklahoma City (Saturday, Feb. 2nd) and San Antonio (Wednesday, Feb. 13th), and a five-game home stand from Feb. 27 – March 8, in which the Cavs will play four consecutive games against 2012 NBA Playoffs teams (Friday, March 1st versus the L.A. Clippers, Monday, March 4th versus New York, Wednesday, March 6th versus Utah and Friday, March 8th versus Memphis).
- A season-long six-game road trip from Nov. 3-13 and a five-game road trip in January (Jan. 11 – 19).
- 8 of their 12 games during February will take place at The Q.
- Twenty-two sets of back-to-back games, including one home-home set, eight home-road sets, eight road-home sets and five road-road set.
- 4 occasions in which the Cavs will play four games in five nights, two instances in which the Cavs will play five games in seven nights and one stretch in which they will play eight games in 12 days (Dec. 11-22).