by Beau Bishop
Listen to Beau’s “Kegs & Eggs” show every Saturday morning during college football season from 10 am to noon on 92.3 The Fan
1) I believe if you are a Buckeye fan you should wear your Scarlet and Gray all weekend with chest puffed out fully. You are smack dab in the middle of your golden age, enjoy the hell out of this.
2) I’ll be very curious to see how this team plays next week. Ohio State is now the second betting choice to win the national title. That is incredible when you realize what had to be replaced, and yet having seen three games it also makes complete sense.
3) Universally there was a belief that if this team had a weakness it was it’s experience or lack there of. Now that that has been debunked we are left with only how this team deals with success. Will it go to its head, will this team get too big too fast? This team has been compared to the 2014 team often, big difference already, that 2014 lost early, by three scores at home to Virginia Tech. That team was able to come from the back of the pack and shock everyone. This team is a front runner. There is different pressure that comes with that.
4) We don’t do bonus’s on bye weeks.
1) Jim Harbaugh had himself another eventful week pitching milk to any media outlet that would have him. He is typically among my top coaching viewing priorities, but this week it’s his opponent. At some point James Franklin has to win a big game at Penn State. A win in Ann Arbor would certainly suffice.
2) I will be glued to that high noon kick in East Lansing as well for two reasons. Can Sparty back up last weeks great win at Notre Dame with one over Wisconsin, but maybe even more to see if Wisconsin is the team we saw beat LSU in the opener or the team that struggled mightily last week.
3) When I was in the South one of my favorite rivalry games was Florida Tennessee. At the time, The Head Ball Coach was in Gainesville and Phil Fulmer was in Knoxville. Spurrier just needled the Vols at all opportunities and then most times whipped them on Saturdays. They play Saturday at Neyland and there is a little juice to it as both come into the game unbeaten. Should be a fantastic atmosphere.
4) Feels like an Old Fashioned kind of weekend. Enjoy.