by Beau Bishop
Listen to Beau’s “Kegs & Eggs” show every Saturday morning during college football season from 10 am to noon on 92.3 The Fan
1) The only quarterback ever offered a scholarship by Urban Meyer, who Meyer had no previously seen throw, is now the all-time touchdown pass leader at Ohio State. And J.T. Barrett is just getting warmed up. The junior has been everything Ohio State fans had hoped for this season and more. He finished 5th in the Heisman vote as a freshman, he’ll finish higher this year as a junior.
2) I had a feeling about Mike Weber, unlike many this one I got right. Did you know that through four games Weber is having a better start to his Buckeye career than Ezekiel Elliott? The scary thing for OSU opponents is Weber is no more than the third scariest thing about this offense. So many weapons.
3) Luke Fickell and Greg Schiano can coach some defense. This is far and away the most aggressive group of Silver Bullets I’ve seen in my time covering the program. Through four games the Buckeye D has scored more points that it has given up. That’s dominance.
4) If you haven’t seen the footage of Earle Bruce ‘dotting the i’ go find it … like now. That my friends is what a die in the wool Buckeye looks like. God bless you, Coach. What a moment.
1) Deshaun Watson needed that game. I know many here are politicking for DeShone Kizer for the Browns at #1, I’m not there yet. Watson put himself back in the conversation Saturday.
2) Jim Harbaugh has to get his special teams in order, his offense too. Wisconsin is no pushover, but that game should not have been that close. Michigan will need to be better down the road and certainly if they are to challenge the final Saturday of November in Columbus.
3) Did you see the end of the Tennessee-Georgia game? Back to back Hail Mary’s in the final 15 seconds of play! Nuts.
4) Every single Saturday you see something that defies logic, the NFL simply can’t match the week in week out thrill that college football provides.