by Beau Bishop
Listen to Beau’s “Kegs & Eggs” show every Saturday morning during college football season from 10 am to noon on 92.3 The Fan
1) I can’t make sense out of the trouble Kevin Wilson’s Indiana teams give Urban Meyer’s Ohio State teams, they have his number. The good news is it still means a 21 point win for his Buckeyes.
2) J.T. Barrett threw it 21 times and ran it 26 times…against Indiana. That can’t happen. It seems when a game gets too close for comfort Urban and his offensive assistants are quick to go with that philosophy. We saw it last year against Michigan State and we saw it Saturday against Indiana. J.T. shouldn’t have as many carries as Mike Weber and Curtis Samuel combined, he did Saturday.
3) I am shocked at the disappearance of Noah Brown. I really thought his performance in Norman would be just the beginning and now two weeks later he’s been an afterthought for the Buckeye passing game.
4) Bring on Wisconsin. I think this team is ready for the meat of the schedule and it starts Saturday.
1) Have you seen the fall off at Oregon? Washington hung 70 on The Ducks Saturday who dropped to 2-4 on the season. Oregon was built, for the most part, on the innovation of Nike and the the uniqueness of the their uniforms. Now that nearly every school has as many options as The Ducks I wonder if their mystique is gone?
2) Tom Herman who is likely being courted by LSU outwardly and Texas behind the scenes, had a rough Saturday in Annapolis. His Houston Cougars losing to Navy shocked some, it shouldn’t. The option attack the Midshipmen employ is difficult to prepare for because it is unlike anything else you see on your schedule. Tom got got, but he and his team will be fine.
3) Deshaun Watson with a little reminder the last couple of weeks that he was viewed by many as the consensus top quarterback in the 2017 draft.
4) The last two weeks Ohio State and Michigan have scored 138 points to Rutgers’s 0.